About Swoop Aero
Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves essential supplies. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract. Since then, we’ve expanded globally, transforming the health supply chain with drone logistics operations in 4 countries.
The work we’re doing is shifting the future of healthcare. We are having an immediate impact on the lives of people, who live within the communities our operations are conducted in. Lots of companies say they have an impact but we really have one. We’re based in Melbourne but right now we’re operating in developing markets. We’ve got big plans to shift the paradigm in both developing and developed markets, and our goal is to provide a sustainable medical logistics service which reaches 100 millions people by 2025.
To do this, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful doers to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems – and make it happen.
The situation and the role
So what next? With our experience and venture backing, we’re working to build our global team and expand operations across multiple markets. To help us achieve our vision, we’re looking for a talented Full Stack Developer. Working closely with the Chief Architect in a small, agile DevOps team you will work across the full technology stack. You will be instrumental in developing and implementing new software to provide the business with the technological advantage. You’ll manage your own projects, be really involved in the business and create genuine impact for millions of people around the globe.
You will be a self-starter, one who is able to collaborate with others in a cross functional team environment. Effectively working to tight deadlines, maintain high quality outputs, and apply a “Roll up your sleeve” attitude to getting things done. You will be fiercely passionate about all things Engineering and Robotics, love bringing new products to life and excel at driving, conceptualising and validating ideas. We enjoy learning more about what others are working on, tell us about your experiences and latest passion project!
To be perfect for this role you’ll need to be a switched on full stack developer, capable of understanding the business requirements and an expert problem solver who utilises their expertise to make things happen. You will have experience in serverless development, ideally on AWS, and have an in-depth understanding of the core tool sets available to build out and manage a solution. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the full system, but will also hold a core strength that may range from DevOps to automated testing, or frontend development and design. Tell us about your core strength across the stack!
- Developing and supporting the existing Swoop systems to a high-quality to meet our strictly regulated Aviation sector.
- Maintain testing frameworks and documentation of systems in support of our Aviation Regulation Compliance
- Working with our Chief Architect and the Operations team to understand and develop systems and features to support them.
- Working between the hardware team and the overall technical team on end to end product development.
- Proactively seek ways to use technology to increase the effectiveness, performance, usability of our product to support both customers and internal staff operations
- Be responsible for Software engineering best practices including code test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive interfaces and making the calls on technical trade-offs
- Mentor colleagues, develop processes and grow others within Swoop.
- AWS Serverless Development Methodologies
- CI/CD with automated testing.
- RDBMS – Postgres
- NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB)
- Development with both REST and WebSockets based API’s
- Basic experience with GeoSpatial data or frontend tools like leaflet/openlayers
If you believe you match the criteria, are passionate about changing people’s lives and have what it takes to transform the global healthcare supply chain we would love to hear from you!
Please complete the form below and attach a one page CV, cover letter and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Comments are closed.