About Swoop Aero
Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves essential supplies.
We were proudly the first commercial enterprise globally to deliver life saving vaccines via drone. We focus and staff our operations locally to enable us to have sustainable global impact, and have expanded our impact across the world, having run medical drone logistics operations in four countries.
The important work we’re doing is shifting the future of transport and having an immediate impact on the lives of people who live in the remote communities where we operate. Many companies say they have an impact, but we really mean it. For now we’re based in Melbourne and continuing to open and operate in developing markets globally with our autonomous, electric, 3D printed aircraft underpinning transformational health outcomes. We’ve got big plans and the necessary focus to shift the paradigm in both currently developing and developed markets.
To do this, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful ‘doers’ to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems and make all this become a reality.
So, what next? With our experienced team and strong capital backing, we’re working to build our global team and expand operations across multiple markets. Last year we tripled our team size, and this year despite all the challenges we are doing it again! In fact given the current challenges our work has become all the more meaningful and relevant.
To help us achieve our vision, we are looking for an experienced and visionary Mechanical Engineer who will push the boundaries of plastic component design to support our endeavours to deliver life changing logistics. Our ideal candidate will see engineering as much more than just their job, it will be your passion. You will have a curious mindset and be eager to contribute to all areas of our technology, grow your understanding of all elements of our system, whilst also contributing to long-term, company-wide technical goals.
You will be a self-starter, one who is able to collaborate with others in a cross functional team environment. Effectively working to tight deadlines, maintain high quality outputs, and apply a “Roll up your sleeve” attitude to getting things done. You will be fiercely passionate about all things Engineering and Robotics, love bringing new products to life and excel at driving, conceptualising and validating ideas. We enjoy learning more about what others are working on, tell us about your experiences and latest passion project!
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the best minds to engineer and deploy a next generation light weight plastic & electric autonomous aircraft that will transform access to healthcare across the world. As a Swoop Aero Mechanical Engineer you will collaborate with a highly passionate and innovative team in order to develop core structural and component designs ready for manufacturing as part of our air transportation system, which will be one of the first globally to be certification ready.
As a key member of the technology team you will drive the transformation of Swoop Aero’s structural and component development capabilities. We will clear the path of red tape and empower you to take charge and lead the product design and implementation of new prototypes. You will proactively define problems, analyse root causes and develop solutions. This position will see you play a criterial role in developing technology that can provide access to healthcare to the people who need it most.
- Lead the design, documentation and testing of all mechanical assemblies within our technology stack
- Consider the performance of the entire system and drive optimisations across all elements of the air transportation system.
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes and procedures are optimised for cost, quality and delivery
- Advocate for design changes that will improve customer outcomes
- Oversee and participate in projects as needed in order to support Swoop Aero’s business objectives
- Liaise with external partners to design and source the manufacture of complex sub – assemblies
- Manage supply chain of internally manufactured parts and subassemblies
- Facilitate all production meetings and report on progress
- Complete design and development projects by training and guiding other team members
- Manage relationships and build rapport with external suppliers
- Work proactively to solve complex problems, mitigate for risks and contribute to an inclusive, productive team environment
- Evaluate and verify issues discovered, log defects appropriately
- Test and validate new system wide improvements
- Experience with design and simulation of aerodynamic assemblies
- Experience with injection moulded tool design and mould flow simulation
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering field, or combination of relevant coursework and experience.
- Advanced SOLIDWORKS knowledge
- Experience with injection moulded plastics
- A minimum of three – five years diverse professional engineering experience
- A demonstrated passion for everything engineering and robotics
- Working Right in Australia or a Visa pathway
If you believe you match the criteria, are passionate about changing people’s lives and have what it takes to transform the global healthcare supply chain we would love to hear from you!
Please complete the form below and attach a one page CV, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Comments are closed.