Commercial Director – International Markets
Swoop Aero was founded to bring autonomous air transport to everyday life by revolutionising access to on-demand healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
To do this, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful doers to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems and get it done.
We’ve worked hard over the last 12 months and successfully deployed the first inbound/ outbound airborne logistics service in the world, the first in Central Africa, raised venture capital to continue our rapid growth, were recognised as a joint winner of the New York Times Good Tech Awards 2018, and named as the AUVSI Humanitarian Excellence award winner for 2019.
We are looking for highly talented individuals for some once in a lifetime opportunities; you’ll love to be challenged, and have the strong the ability to lead and influence a team.
About the role
Commercial Directors lead the market entry strategy for Swoop Aero in new markets across the globe. They lay the foundations for long term business relationships by understanding the needs of current and future customers, stakeholders, and partners to drive strategic growth for the business.
They are communicators, facilitators, and leaders with a drive to succeed; they aren’t just selling a service, you are changing people’s lives by revolutionising access to healthcare.
In this role you can expect to spend at least half the time travelling abroad in a South East Asia or Africa, building the lasting relationships with businesses, partners, and governments needed to take Swoop Aero into a new region. So far, we are operating in DRC and Vanuatu, and we have a strong focus on Africa and South East Asia.
Commercial Directors are supported by the marketing, strategy, and operations functions in the commercial team, both on the ground alongside them, and from HQ in Melbourne, Australia.
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, but we have some specific requirements:
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies to accelerate growth in a geographic region
- Understanding the requirements of existing customers, and implementing strategies to ensure their needs are being met
- Overcome challenges and roadblocks to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Build and maintain deep and sustainable partnerships with key stakeholders
- You’ll have demonstrated experience creating opportunities and facilitating business development in the emerging world. You can build genuine and lasting relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and overcoming adversity to achieve outstanding results.
- You have strong Commercial account management and business development experience; this could also be working for an NGO or a multi-lateral to build relationships and develop new markets.
- You have exposure to working with new technology implementation.
- You’ve can demonstrate proven leadership ability, and have at least 18 months of experience in a management role.
- You’re fluent in French, Portuguese, or Bahasa Indonesian.
- Experience working in private healthcare, public health systems, or an international development health program is a strong plus.
About Swoop Aero
We are moving more than just medical supplies. We’re moving the needle on positive health outcomes, more efficient use of energy and a better world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are seeking to have an impact, so come and join us and take this opportunity to leave your mark on the world.
If you fit the description, are passionate about changing peoples lives, and are willing to learn everything it takes to excel at this job, we’d love to hear from you.