International Flight Operations Manager
Swoop Aero is a Melbourne-based company with a global footprint. We’re bringing autonomous air transport to everyday life by revolutionising access to on-demand healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
We work in locations where the geography, infrastructure, or inadequate storage facilities make it impossible for health workers to do their jobs effectively. We give organisations access to the air with our on-demand airborne logistics service so they can focus on what matters the most: improving patient health outcomes.
The International Flight Operations Manager plays a key role in leading the deployment of a Swoop Aero network abroad; they’re the boots on the ground, in every location where we operate.
You can expect to spend up three to four months abroad in a South-East Asian or African region, leading a small team to commence flight operations and build the local Swoop Aero capacity for long-term operations.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but we have some specific requirements for the right candidate:
- Demonstrated experience working in the emerging world, interacting with stakeholders at a high level, and overcoming adversity to achieve outstanding results. This could be working for an NGO or a multi-lateral, and any commercial experience is a bonus.
- Exposure to aviation operations, ideally holding a civil pilots license or have experience managing aircraft operations
- You can demonstrate proven leadership ability, and have at least 18 months of experience in a management role
- Fluent in French, Portuguese, or Bahasa Indonesian
- You love to be challenged, can work quickly to solve complex problems, and have a strong attention to detail
- You’re comfortable being hands-on in less-than-perfect situations, where the temperature, language, or geography may be a barrier to overcome in order to get the job done
- Experience in the development and delivery of training including individual assessment and the provision of feedback
- Held responsibility for the development of workplace or aviation industry risk assessments
- Ideally hold a Remote Pilots Licence or Flight experience (RPL/PPL/CPL)
About Swoop Aero
At Swoop Aero, we’re moving more than just medical supplies. We’re moving the needle on positive health outcomes, more efficient use of energy and a better world.
We’ve worked hard over the last 12 months and successfully deployed the first inbound/ outbound airborne logistics service in the world, the first in Central Africa, raised venture capital to continue our rapid growth, were recognised as a joint winner of the New York Times Good Tech Awards 2018, and named as the AUVSI Humanitarian Excellence award winner for 2019.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who are seeking to make an impact, so come and join us and take this opportunity to leave your mark on the world.
If you fit the description, are passionate about changing peoples lives, and are willing to learn everything it takes to excel at this job, we’d love to hear from you.